Wednesday, September 26, 2012

If Any Of You Wants To Be My Follower, You Must Turn From Your Selfish Ways, Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezra 4; Psalm 113; Psalm 127; Luke 9

If Any Of You Wants To Be My Follower,

You Must Turn From Your Selfish Ways,

Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me.”

Scripture

Luke 9

23…“If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.”

Observation

Jesus is talking to us this morning! He says to us, “If any of you want to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.”

Okay, I need your help this morning understanding this verse, I understand turning from my selfish ways, but I don’t get the “take up my cross daily” part of what Jesus is saying. Do you?

If you do I would love to hear what you think it means.

 Application

I am going to check out what people think it means to “take up your cross daily” so I can be sure to do that!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we don’t use crosses today like they did when Jesus walked this earth. Give me a good understanding of what Jesus was telling His disciples. Help me turn from my selfish ways today and help me follow you. Give me understanding to parts of Your Word that aren’t clear or easy for me to understand. I don’t want to just read them and miss what You are trying to say to me. 

Thank You for godly teachers that understand Your word better than I do and that love to dig into Your truths to find the answers. I will ask them today to explain this phrase to me!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: