Thursday, September 20, 2012

LORD, I Am In Deep Trouble, So I Am Calling To You For Help.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 5; Daniel 6; Psalm 130; Luke 3

LORD, I Am In Deep Trouble,

So

I Am Calling To You For Help.

Scripture

Psalm 130

1. Lord, I am in deep trouble,
    so I am calling to you for help.


Observation

Deep trouble … up to your neck in a swamp full of alligators! Deep trouble! When you are in deep trouble what do you do? Sometimes the last thing we do is call on the Lord for help. 

Our story in today’s Bible reading is about Daniel. In Daniel 6 God shows us that we can trust in Him when we are in deep trouble. You can’t get yourself in any deeper trouble than getting yourself thrown into a den of lions! Here is the story from God’s word:

16 So King Darius gave the order. They brought Daniel and threw him into the lions’ den. The king said to Daniel, “May the God you serve save you!” 17 A big rock was brought and put over the opening of the lions’ den. Then the king used his ring and put his seal on the rock. He also used the rings of his officials and put their seals on the rock. 

This showed that no one could move that rock and bring Daniel out of the lion’s den. 18 Then King Darius went back to his house. He did not eat that night. He did not want anyone to come and entertain him. He could not sleep all night.

19 The next morning, King Darius got up just as it was getting light and ran to the lions’ den. 20 He was very worried. When he got to the lions’ den, he called to Daniel. He said, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God been able to save you from the lions? You always serve your God.”

21 Daniel answered, “King, live forever! 22 My God sent his angel to save me. The angel closed the lions’ mouths. The lions have not hurt me because my God knows I am innocent. I never did anything wrong to you, King.”

23 King Darius was very happy. He told his servants to lift Daniel out of the lions’ den. And when Daniel was lifted out of the den, they did not find any injury on his body. The lions did not hurt Daniel because he trusted in his God.

Are you in deep trouble this morning? Who you goin to call?

Application

I will call on the Lord with every problem in my life not just the big ones!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You love me and that You care about every detail of my life. I know that You are there to help me with every problem in my life and not just the big ones. Give me the faith of Daniel. Thank You for all the promises that You give me in Your Word. I thank You for John 16:24, “Until now you have asked for nothing in My name, ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be made full.”

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: