Saturday, September 22, 2012

Master, “We Worked Hard All Last Night And Didn’t Catch A Thing. But If You Say So, I’ll Let The Nets Down Again.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 9; Daniel 10; Psalm 123; Luke 5

Master, “We Worked Hard All Last Night And Didn’t Catch A Thing.

But

If You Say So, I’ll Let The Nets Down Again.”

Scripture

Luke 5

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”

“Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear!
  A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.

When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m too much of a sinner to be around you.” 

For he was awestruck by the number of fish they had caught, as were the others with him. 10 His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed.

Observation

Feelings! You can’t live a victorious Christian life if you just depend on your feelings. People that wake up in the morning and don’t feel good so they stay home from church are living their Christian lives by their feelings.

 Some of our 80 year olds come to church every Sunday in tremendous pain. They don’t feel like coming but they don’t miss. Their hearts drag them to church! They don’t live out life based on their feelings! I am so proud of them.

The Christian life is to be lived out by our faith and our obedience! Simon Peter and the disciples didn’t feel like going back out to fish especially after fishing all night and catching nothing. Plus they were fisherman and they knew that fishing with nets was done at night and not in the daytime. So they sure didn’t feel like obeying their Master’s command.

Peter shares a huge truth in this passage that you and I should never forget when he replied to Jesus, “But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.”

Here is the principle: Even when we don’t feel like doing something we should do it if it is something that Jesus has told us to do. If we live out our lives in this manner then our lives as Christ Followers will be successful.

When we are successful because of our obedience - we make God Smile. It should be our highest goal!

Application

I will strive to obey the Lord’s commands today whether I feel like it or not. I hope I make Him Smile today!
  
Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not depend on my feelings today. I pray that I would be obedient and I pray that I would make You smile. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: