Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Everyone Should Be Quick To Listen, Slow To Speak And Slow To Become Angry


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 29; Isaiah 30; Isaiah 31; James 1

Everyone Should Be Quick To Listen,

Slow To Speak

And Slow To Become Angry

Scripture


James 1

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

Observation

Everyone … I think that includes you and me!

I don’t know about you but I tend to be quick to speak, slow to listen, and quick to get angry!

Why do you get angry?

There are at three things that I know of that cause anger: 

1. When we are wronged, when someone we love has been wronged, or at least we think that a wrong has been committed. 

2. Fear can cause anger. 

3. Frustration causes anger.

Righteous godly anger is a good thing, but human anger unchecked will cause us to sin.

Application

I will try today to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me today be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry.


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: