Tuesday, July 09, 2013

This Hope Is A Strong And Trustworthy Anchor For Our Souls.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Micah 1; Micah 2; Micah 3; Micah 4; Hebrews 6

This Hope

Is A Strong And Trustworthy

Anchor For Our Souls. 

Scripture

Hebrews 6

18 …Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.

Observation

 I have an anchor for my kayak that works really well … usually! Last week while we were at the beach I went out in my kayak on a day that I should have not gone out. The weather was so bad all week that there was not one day when it was right to go out in my kayak. It was rough. But I went out and I decided that I would throw my anchor out and try to fish. The waves were so big and it was so rough that after a few minutes I decided to pull up my anchor and head back in. My anchor would not come up – it was stuck!

For a few seconds there was panic, if I had to leave my anchor out there I had no way to come back and get it later. I had no float to attach to the anchor rope that would have marked where the anchor was stuck. I didn’t want to lose the anchor. It was secured very well down at the bottom of the ocean. I prayed and asked God to help me free the anchor and I pulled one more time and the anchor finally came loose and I pulled it up.

This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It can’t be freed up no matter how hard someone pulls on it. It is secure – 100%!

We can have great confidence as we hold on to the hope that lies before us. It is the anchor that will keep us secure!

Application

I have a strong and trustworthy anchor for when storms come my way.  God is my refuge. He gives me great confidence. He gives me hope.  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my refuge and strength, always ready to help me in times of trouble. I will sing about Your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about Your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress. For You are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. Psalm 46,59,61

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: