Tuesday, July 16, 2013

May He Produce In You, Through The Power Of Jesus Christ, Every Good Thing That Is Pleasing To Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 25; Isaiah 26; Isaiah 27; Isaiah 28; Hebrews 13

May He Produce In You,

Through The Power Of Jesus Christ,

Every Good Thing That Is Pleasing To Him.

Scripture

Hebrews 13

20 Now may the God of peace—
    who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus,
the great Shepherd of the sheep,
    and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood—

21 may he equip you with all you need
    for doing his will.
May he produce in you,
    through the power of Jesus Christ,
every good thing that is pleasing to him.
    All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.

Observation

I wanted to write about Isaiah 26:3-4 this morning, but then when I read this blessing in Hebrews 13 I just had to share it with you. Praying a blessing on people is so important. The Apostle Paul had a habit of blessing those he loved.

What was Isaiah 26:3-4? Glad you asked!

You will keep in perfect peace
    all who trust in you,
    all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

 
Trust in the Lord always,
    for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.


 During the night when I wake up Isaiah 26:3 comes to my mind more than any other verse! I guess I need God’s reassurance so He brings that verse to my mind and heart. 

But this morning Hebrews 13:20-21 won out over Isaiah 26:3-4 even though they are both great passages. 

Why not pray Paul’s prayer of blessing for someone today? Who needs a blessing? God wants us to pray blessings for people that are special in our lives. 

Application

I will pray Hebrews 13:20-21 for the people today that God brings to my mind and heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I ask You to bring to my mind those people who need this blessing today. I know You love to hear us pray for other people. Life is not all about me.

I pray for Pastor Bruce and Heather and Gwyn as they take some time to get away. I pray that You equip them with all they need for doing Your will. May You produce in them, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: