Saturday, July 20, 2013

“…Hezekiah Sought His God Wholeheartedly. As A Result, He Was Very Successful.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Chronicles 29; 2 Chronicles 30; 2 Chronicles 31; James 4 

“…Hezekiah Sought

His God Wholeheartedly.

As A Result, He Was Very Successful.”

Scripture

Chronicles 31

21b “…Hezekiah sought his God wholeheartedly. As a result, he was very successful.”

Observation

So you want to be successful in life? Here is how to do it - Seek God wholeheartedly! Hezekiah was a successful king because he sought his God wholeheartedly. You and I can be successful in life too if we will do the same thing.

I watch people, even some people that are very close to me and they live life like God does not exist. I think to myself, “how sad”! I also think, “How stupid”! He or she could be very successful if they would just live for God instead of living for themselves.

Most of the kings before Hezekiah were evil and they just lived for themselves, but for some reason Hezekiah was different and he lived for God wholeheartedly.

I am not a king but I am smart enough to realize that it makes more sense to live for God wholeheartedly than to live just for myself.

    Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8

    But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

   “… My purpose (Jesus speaking) is to give life in all its fullness.” John 10:10    

Application

I will love the Lord my God with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, and all my strength. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live for You wholeheartedly today! I pray for the family and friends of Eddie Andrews today as they go through this time of grief. You are the God of all Comfort and all Compassion. I pray that You help them through this difficult time. 


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: