Wednesday, July 03, 2013

For Your Kindness Has Often Refreshed The Hearts Of God’s People


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 6; Isaiah 7; 2 Chronicles 26; 2 Chronicles 27; Philemon 1

For Your Kindness

Has 

Often Refreshed The Hearts Of God’s People

Scripture

Philemon 1

Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people.

Observation

Paul was writing to Philemon and he was writing to ask that Philemon accept his slave Onesimus back as a brother in Christ. The Apostle Paul had led Philemon to the Lord and now Onesimus his run away slave had also become a Christian. Paul was sending Onesimus back to Philemon and Paul was asking him to accept him back not as a slave but now as a brother in Christ.

Philemon must have been a very generous person that openly showed his kindness to the believers in his church. You and I have the opportunity to refresh the hearts of the believers around us too. Simple acts of kindness make a huge difference in the life of someone that has been getting beat up by this hard and difficult world.

Who needs a little encouragement today? Let’s look for someone today to build up in the Lord!

Application

I will keep my eyes open for an opportunity to show kindness to someone today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that my focus needs to be on those around me today and not on me. Help me to show kindness to someone today that needs to be cheered up! 


http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: