Monday, July 22, 2013

“For You Know That God Paid A Ransom To Save You From The Empty Life …”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!\
Isaiah 36; Isaiah 37; Psalm 76; 1 Peter 1 

“For You Know 

That God Paid A Ransom

To Save You From The Empty Life …”

Scripture

1 Peter 1 

18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 20 God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but he has now revealed him to you in these last days.

Observation

I was 19 years old when God saved me from the empty life and gave me an abundant life. He gave me a life full of meaning and purpose. Has God done that for you?

    A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly. John 10:10

Jesus died as a ransom to save us from the empty life. Most of the people that we will see today are living empty lives. They need to hear the Gospel. They need to be ransomed from the empty life they were born into.

I am 62 years old and I can still remember what it was like to live a life without Christ. I can remember that my life had no meaning or purpose. I am so glad that God paid a ransom to snatch me out of that old way of living.

Maybe God is speaking to you right now. Does your life seem empty? The Good News is that Jesus came to this earth to give His life as a ransom to save you from that empty life. Want to know more just write me and lets talk.

Application

I will share the Good News of Christ today with those at Mission Tampa.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Jesus to pay the penalty for my sins. I have been saved from the empty life and I have been given a life filled with meaning and purpose. Thank You for giving me what I didn’t deserve and thank You for not giving me what I did deserve. You are a God of Grace and a God of Mercy. I pray for those today that are living empty lives. They are just going through the motions. They need to respond to the Good News and be saved. Help me share boldly the message of Christ today!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: