Sunday, November 23, 2014

But The Words You Speak Come From The Heart – That’s What Defiles You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But The Words
You Speak
Come From The Heart – That’s What Defiles You.

Scripture

Matthew 15

 But the words you speak come from the heart—that’s what defiles you. 19 For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander. 20 These are what defile you.

Observation

I think that it was yesterday that Kathy said to me yesterday in response to some dumb unkind thing that I said to her, “I am trying not to respond back to you in an ugly way!”

When she said this it made both of us laugh.

And it made me think about what I had just said … something stupid. The way she responded to me helped me to see how unkind and dumb my remark was.

For the life of me I can’t even remember what dumb thing I said, but I am glad that I have a wife who knows how to respond to me in a way that brings correction and doesn’t escalate things by trying to top my remark with more meanness!

So let’s think about what we say and how we say what we say! Remember it is coming from within our hearts.


Application

I will try to encourage Kathy and others by what I say and how I say what I say. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your word says, "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? Jeremiah 17:9

I believe it.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

I pray for Pastor Bruce and the lead team today. Use them for Your glory. I pray for people to be saved and the saints to be encouraged as we worship You today. Amen.
   



Daily Bible Reading Matthew 14,15,16

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: