Thursday, November 13, 2014

Love Never Gives Up


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Love
Never
Gives Up

For any of us who would like to quit …

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Observation

It would be great if I could say that these verses describe me. They do describe Jesus Christ Who lives in me, but I have to admit that most days I am a long way from reflecting this kind of love. 

I am glad that the Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14:1, “Let love be your highest goal!”

It is my goal! How about you? 

I have not arrived. Everyday I struggle with living out 1 Corinthians 13. But I am not alone … so do you! 

Application

I will ask God to help me to live out verse 5, “It (love) is not irritable.” 

What part of 1 Corinthians 13 are you going to work on?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live out 1 Corinthians 13. Help me to be patient and kind. Help me to not be jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Don’t let me demand my own way. Help me not to be irritable, and help me not to keep record of being wronged. Help me not to rejoice about injustice but help me to rejoice whenever the truth wins out.  Help me never to give up, never to lose faith, and help me to always be hopeful, and always endure through every circumstance. Amen.



Daily Bible Reading Job 39,40; 1 Corinthians 13,14

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: