Tuesday, November 25, 2014

“Your Mistake Is That You Don’t Know The Scriptures, And You Don’t Know The Power Of God”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Your Mistake
Is That You Don’t Know The Scriptures,
And You Don’t Know The Power Of God”

I think you and I would be shocked if we knew ...

Scripture

Matthew 22

29 Jesus replied, “Your mistake is that you don’t know the Scriptures, and you don’t know the power of God.

Observation

Some Sadducees had tried to trick Jesus by asking Jesus a theoretical question about the Bible. They tried to trick “The Word” with a question about God’s Word.

How dumb was that!

I think you and I would be shocked if we knew how seldom the folks in our churches open up and read God’s Word.

Are you in a life group or attend a Sunday School class? Just ask those in your group how many of them take time to read God’s Word everyday. I think that you would be shocked.

But maybe not … do you read God’s Word everyday?

Why not make the commitment to the Lord to read His Word everyday? So that you and I can know the Scriptures and know the power of God.


Application

I recommit this morning to read God’s Word everyday.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me go a day without opening up my Bible and spending time with You in Your Word. I want to know Your Word and I want to know and experience Your Power in my life. Speak to anyone that may read what I have written and impress on him the importance of being in Your Word on a daily basis. Help them make a commitment to Your Word and help us keep our commitments.

Daily Bible Reading Matthew 20,21,22

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: