Wednesday, November 12, 2014

But Now Let Me Show You A Way Of Life That Is Best Of All.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But Now
Let Me Show You
A Way Of Life That Is Best Of All.

Show me who needs extra time and attention today. 

Scripture

1 Corinthians 12

31 So you should earnestly desire the most helpful gifts.
… But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all.

Observation

The church at Corinth was a mess. They were arguing over everything. The Apostle Paul spends chapters 12 and 14 of 1 Corinthians talking about spiritual gifts. The church members at Corinth were fighting over which gifts were more important and the gift of tongues was one of the gifts being misused. So right in the middle of his instruction over spiritual gifts the Apostle Paul writes about what is most important – the gift of love!

Love is not a spiritual gift but it is something that we must choose to gift to other people. God commands it.

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.  Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:34-35
 Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. 1 John 3:18
 Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.  Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:9-10
No matter how gifted we are or how much talent we possess if we don’t love people we are nothing!


Application

I will ask God to help me love people more and I will ask Him to show me who needs extra time and attention today. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are Love. Help me live in a way today that lets people see You in me. Help me to love those around me. Don’t let me think only of myself. Show me who needs to be encouraged today.

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 

If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 

If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Daily Bible Reading Job 37,38; 1 Corinthians 12

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: