Thursday, November 06, 2014

God Has Made You His Heir


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God
Has Made
You His Heir

Great thing to be reminded of as we go through this week! 

Scripture

Galatians 3

So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith.

26 For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.

Galatians 4

Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

Observation

I put my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ when I was 19 years old. I am 63 years old and during my entire adult life I have enjoyed the benefits of being a child of the King. I have enjoyed the benefits of being a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

I look back to my decision to become a Christ follower at 19 years of age and I am so grateful that God allowed me to become one of His children. I am His heir.

Everything He has will one day be mine! I will enjoy being a child of His Forever and ever and ever!

So what I deal with here on earth is small potatoes compared to what I will get to enjoy for all of Eternity. I am blessed. I share in the same blessing that God gave to Abraham.

 The Apostle Paul understood this when he sat in prison and wrote his letter to the Philippians and said:

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:6-7, 11-13

Application

 I will meditate all day long on the fact that I have the same blessing that God gave to Abraham.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to act like I am one of Your children. Help me to live in a way that makes You proud. Help me to be content with whatever I have. Help me to be able to live on almost nothing or with everything. Help me to learn the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. I want to be able to say with confidence, “I can do everything through Christ, Who gives me strength.”

Daily Bible Reading Job 30; Psalms 120; Galatians 3,4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: