Saturday, November 22, 2014

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Come To Me,
All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens,
And I Will Give You Rest.

Overloaded and need relief?  

Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Observation

Trying to drown your problems with pills and booze may make things easier for a moment, but it is only a temporary fix. 

So many people even many Christ followers are turning to prescription medicine to make life more bearable for them. I am not saying that everything that the doctor prescribes for us is bad, but what I am saying is that turning to Jesus and letting Him take our heavy load might be the real solution.

What has you on overload today? Give it to Jesus. When you start carrying that load again … give it back to Jesus. Every time your mind goes back to that unresolved issue … give it to Jesus.

Jesus wants to walk through life with us today. Just like two oxen yoked together Jesus wants us to get into the yoke with Him and He will make our part of the load a lot lighter.

So are we hardheaded or just plain stupid? Let’s quit carrying that entire load.

Let’s give it to Jesus. 

 Give your burdens to the Lord. He will carry them. He will not permit the godly to slip or fall. Psalm 55:22

    Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you. 1 Peter 5:7 

Application

Today every time I catch myself trying to carry all of my problems I will roll those problems back over to the Lord.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I can’t carry the weight of this load of concern today by myself. I need to roll it off of my shoulders and on to You. I believe You when You promise to make my burden light and easy to carry. I believe You when You tell me to give You all of my worries and cares. I give them to You right now. They are in Your Hands. You know what is breaking my heart today. You know what is so heavy that I cannot bear it. I roll those things over on to You. Nothing is too hard for You and with You nothing is impossible. So right now I am giving You some things that seem impossible to me.


Daily Bible Reading  Matthew 11,12,13

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: