Wednesday, November 05, 2014

I Was Not Called By Any Group Or Agency. My Call Is From Jesus Christ Himself


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Was Not Called By Any Group Or Agency.
My Call
Is From Jesus Christ Himself

Pray for our Missionaries

Scripture

Galatians 1

1-2 From: Paul the missionary and all the other Christians here.

To: The churches of Galatia.

I was not called to be a missionary by any group or agency. My call is from Jesus Christ himself and from God the Father who raised him from the dead.

Observation

I have a missionary friend who is struggling with having agency leaders trying to tell her how to do her God given task. She was called and sent out not by the agency but by God Himself. Over her missionary career she has been extremely successful in reaching young people for Jesus and mentoring them.  Many of those she has invested her life into now serve as leaders in their respective countries.

Yet she finds herself frustrated …

Mission boards and sending agencies are very necessary for the advancement of God’s kingdom. They work best when they provide financial and prayer support for our missionaries and tend to royally mess up when they try to micro manage those serving on the mission field.

If a “missionary” on the field is preaching/teaching heresy or living an immoral life or is just plain lazy then of course the sending agency should remove him or her immediately.

But to our agency leaders I would say give our missionaries the space they need to reach people in the way that God has equipped them.

Lottie Moon and Bertha Smith were two very tough ladies. They were called to reach people for Jesus. They had the freedom and support to do their jobs.

Application

 I will pray for my missionary friends and those in authority over them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for calling me. I am who I am by your grace and by your mercy. Thank You for allowing me to serve You overseas and for allowing me to continue to serve You right here in the USA. Give wisdom to my missionary friends who need to know how to deal with those in authority over them. Give wisdom to our agency leaders. Show them how to lead those under them in a way that will help our missionaries produce more fruit.  


Daily Bible Reading Job 28,29; Galatians 1,2

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: