Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Prove By The Way You Live That You Have Repented Of Your Sins And Turned To God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Prove
By The Way You Live
That You Have Repented Of Your Sins And Turned To God.

Are we involving ourselves in habits and behaviors that hurt our witness?

Scripture

Matthew 3

Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.

Observation

John The Baptist said this to the Pharisees and Sadducees one day when they came out to hear him and came out to see him baptizing his followers. Even though he said it to them then it is a good word for you and I today.

Are you and I living out our faith? Or are there still secret sins that you and I don’t want people to know about?

“Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.”

Are we involving ourselves in habits and behaviors that hurt our witness?

Do people quietly question our walk with Christ because we are still holding on to and involving ourselves in habits that bring God no glory? I am tempted to suggest a few habits but I won’t … you are probably thinking of one or two right now that either you or someone you love struggle with.

“Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.”

Is what I am doing or what I am getting ready to do going to bring glory to God?


Application

I will ask God to show me any contradictions in my life. This life He has called me to live for Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me live the life of a Pharisee. Show me anything in my life that does not please You. Help me to live in a way that makes You smile.


Daily Bible Reading Matthew 1,2,3,4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: