Friday, November 21, 2014

So Don’t Be Afraid; You Are More Valuable To God Than A Whole Flock Of Sparrows.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

So Don’t Be Afraid;
You
Are More Valuable To God Than A Whole Flock Of Sparrows.

 A place called worry and a place called fear is a terrible place to hang out …

Scripture

Matthew 10

29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? 

But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.
 
30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.
 
31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Observation

Don’t be afraid. Don’t worry. Over and over and over again in God’s word He tells us not to worry and not to be afraid!

Why all the repetition?

Because our default button sends us there in a micro second every time something challenges our faith.

Health issues (ours or a loved one), financial problems, marriage problems, kid problems, sick or aging parents, etc. send us to a place called worry and a place called fear. It is a terrible place and it is not intended for you and me to spend all of our time there.

Not staying in that place of worry, not living daily in that place called fear requires us to constantly place our trust in God and stay grounded in His Word.


Application

I am challenged and confronted most days and especially today by things that want to shake my faith. Today, I refuse to be shaken. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, Today I hold on tightly to Your promises. Every one of Your promises is “yes” in Christ Jesus my Lord and my Savior. I am reminded in Your word not to be surprised by problems:

    “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33  

“I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.” Psalm 16:8

“But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.” 1 John 4:4

So my trust is in You ... In You alone. Nothing is too hard for You. 

Thank You Lord Jesus for taking care of me. Amen.

Daily Bible Reading

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: