Monday, November 10, 2014

God Paid A High Price For You, So Don’t Be Enslaved By This World.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

God Paid
A High Price For You,
So Don’t Be Enslaved By This World.

Don’t let me do stupid sins that enslave me to this world.

Scripture

1 Corinthians 7

23 God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world.

1 Corinthians 6

18 Run from sexual sin! 

No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 19 Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,
 
20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.

Observation

Honor God with our bodies! We live in a culture that focuses on “bodies” but the focus is on “indulgence” not bringing glory to God!

Sex and Food … both seem to be very enslaving in our culture!

The Apostle Paul tells us why we should live differently than those around us, “God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world.”

Satan will use anything to distract us. He constantly is looking for ways to enslave us.

You and I have been bought with a high price. So lets honor God with our bodies!

Application

I will strive to live a godly life this week keeping in mind that I have been bought with a very high price … Jesus Christ’s death on the cross. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the strength that I need to live a godly life. Help me bring You glory and honor. Don’t let me do stupid sins that enslave me to this world. 

Guard my eyes and guard my heart. 



May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14 (NLT)



Daily Bible Reading Job 35,36; 1 Corinthians 7,8

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: