Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Beware! Guard Against Every Kind Of Greed. Life Is Not Measured By How Much You Own.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Beware!

Guard Against Every Kind Of Greed.

Life Is Not Measured By How Much You Own.

Scripture

Luke 12

13 Then someone called from the crowd, “Teacher, please tell my brother to divide our father’s estate with me.”

14 Jesus replied, “Friend, who made me a judge over you to decide such things as that?” 

15 Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”

16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. 

17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ 

18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. 

19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’

21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 

23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 

24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 

25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?

27 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 

28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

34 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Observation

The Bible has a lot to say to us about wealth and possessions. And the Bible has a lot to say to me and to you about worry. It is interesting isn't it how the two topics run together! When you get a chance read the story about the rich man and Lazarus … it is found in Luke 16:19-31.

I strongly encourage every person who wants to be successful in business to read about the life of R. G. LeTourneau. Sadly, most people miss the entire reason why it is important they be successful in his or her business.

LeTourneau is considered to this day to have been the world's greatest inventor of earthmoving and materials handling equipment, but that is not why his name is important to me.

What has always made an impression on me about his life was the fact that he and his wife gave away 90% of everything that they made and lived on 10%.

Get his autobiography and read it … what an amazing story!

Here are two books about him: “Movers of Men and Mountains” and “Working for God: The Story of R. G. LeTourneau and the University He Founded” Both books can be purchased on Amazon. I have read “Movers of Men and Mountains”.

Application

With every new possession at my house there comes an extra added “worry”.

Luke 12:15

Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me when it comes to being generous. Don't let me be a container when I need to be a conduit. Show me how to be a generous giver. Thank You for blessing us. So many people have helped us. Help us to do the same for those that You put on our hearts.

Luke 6:38

38 Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back

2 Corinthians 9:6-8

6 Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. 

7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”

8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. 

Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 4,5,6; Luke 12

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: