Sunday, September 13, 2020

We Put Our Hope In The LORD.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

We Put

Our Hope

In The LORD.

Scripture

Psalm 33

20 We put our hope in the Lord.
    He is our help and our shield.

21 In him our hearts rejoice,
    for we trust in his holy name.

22 Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
    for our hope is in you alone.

Observation

Listen my friend, there is going to come a time in your life when the bottom drops out and you are going to need an anchor. You are going to need an anchor for your soul.

Yesterday, I was sitting with someone who was waiting, waiting to see if the doctors were going to be able to revive her husband, the bottom had unexpectedly fallen out and she desperately needed an anchor for her soul. The doctors were able to finally get a pulse, but only God knows the final outcome for this husband.

Where and in who are you placing your hope? Life is so fragile and things can change in a heartbeat!

Hebrews 6:19

This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.

Application

My hope is in the Lord. He is my help and my shield.

How about you? Do you need an anchor for your soul?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am reminded every day that I go to the hospital and visit patients how very quickly life can change. Help me to remember how fragile life here on planet Earth is and how quickly things can change. Your Word gives me strength. I will hold on to every one of your promises as I face difficult times when they come and I know that they will come.

I pray for those who are going through difficult times right now. I pray that You give them strength. I pray that they will trust in You and I pray that You will the anchor for their soul. Give them hope, Lord. Give them hope!

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 33,34,35; Revelation 18; I added: Psalm 13, Psalm 33, Proverbs 13

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: