Wednesday, September 16, 2020

May You Live To Enjoy Your Grandchildren.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

May

You Live

To Enjoy Your Grandchildren.

Scripture

Psalm 128

1 How joyful are those who fear the Lord
    all who follow his ways!

2 You will enjoy the fruit of your labor.
    How joyful and prosperous you will be!

3 Your wife will be like a fruitful grapevine,
    flourishing within your home.
Your children will be like vigorous young olive trees
    as they sit around your table.

4 That is the Lord’s blessing
    for those who fear him.

6 May you live to enjoy your grandchildren.
    May Israel have peace!

Observation

God blessed us with five children and then He really heaped on a super blessing by letting us have 15 grandchildren! This blessing that is found in Psalm 128 is also a reminder to me that I must take time to enjoy them. They are growing up so fast!

My Granny had such an impact on my life. My Mom and Dad were not Christians when I was growing up and they never took us to church one time. But for a time when I was a little guy we had my Granny living with us and I can remember walking with her to church.

I remember the gigantic Bible that she bought me with all the neat pictures inside depicting different Bible characters and different Bible stories. I can remember hearing how excited she was to participate in a Billy Graham Crusade here in Tampa.

Application

I hope that Kathy and I can have an impact on our grandchildren like my Granny had on me.

How about you? Are you living a life that will have an impact on those around you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my grandchildren, just like my children are a blessing from You, Lord. Nothing is more important to Kathy and I than our children and our grandchildren. Help them, Lord, grow up with a love for You. Help us be a positive witness in the lives of our kids and grandkids like my Granny was for me.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 40,41; Psalms 128; Revelation 21

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: