Tuesday, September 01, 2020

But As For Me, I Am Poor And Needy; Please Hurry To My Aid, O God.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

But As For Me,

I Am Poor And Needy;

Please Hurry To My Aid, O God.

Scripture

Psalm 70

4 But may all who search for you
    be filled with joy and gladness in you.
May those who love your salvation
    repeatedly shout, “God is great!”

5 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
    please hurry to my aid, O God.
You are my helper and my savior;
    Lord, do not delay.

Observation

When you read Psalm 70:5 it doesn't seem like it would have been written the same person who had faced and killed a giant with only a few stones and a slingshot, but it was. King David realized that his success was only because of his relationship with his Heavenly Father.

Do you have a desire to be successful in life? Whether you own your own business or you work for someone else, either way, your goal should be the same. The goal should be to help make that business a success so that God gets the glory. And if we are retired then we should still bring glory to God by the way we live out our lives!

If we try to do life without depending on our Heavenly Father then even if we appear to be successful by the world's standards we will be miserable in the end.

If God is not first in my life and if God is not first in your life then nothing we accomplish or nothing that we can accumulate will mean anything.

Luke 16:19-28

19 Jesus said, “There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed in purple and fine linen and who lived each day in luxury. 

20 At his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores. 

21 As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man’s table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores.

22 “Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to sit beside Abraham at the heavenly banquet. The rich man also died and was buried, 

23 and he went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side.

24 “The rich man shouted, ‘Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.’

25 “But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. 

26 And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.’

27 “Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home.

28 For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’

Application

I realize that I am poor and needy and in desperate need of God's help. Just like King David!

Psalm 70:5

But as for me, I am poor and needy;
    please hurry to my aid, O God.
You are my helper and my savior;
    Lord, do not delay.

How about you? Are you giving God the glory for what is happening in your life?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't let me think for a minute that I can do anything worthwhile without your help. It is too easy to let pride slip in. Thank You for everything that You are doing in my life. Thank You for the special people that You have brought into my life. You have been so good to me. Thank You for the privilege of being able to call You “Father”. I love being one of Your kids.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 15,16; Psalms 70; Revelation 6

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: