Sunday, September 27, 2020

Lord, Doesn't It Seem Unfair To You

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Lord,

Doesn't It

Seem Unfair To You …

Scripture

Luke 10

38 As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. 

39 Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what he taught. 

40 But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, “Lord, doesn’t it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me.”

41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 

42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Observation

Martha, Martha, maybe you have felt like Martha and maybe you have even thought or said out loud, “Life does not seem fair!” Well if you haven't figured it out yet on your own let me be the first one to tell you, “Life is not fair!”

In the midst of the chaos, the busyness, the trials and troubles, the mundane, the pain, the suffering, the temptations, and even at times boredom, yes, even with all of life's distractions you and I must focus and refocus on keeping the main thing the main thing – we must keep our eyes on Jesus and on His kingdom.

Life, even the good things in life, have a way of distracting us – we need to be like Mary and focus on what is most important!

Application

I plan to keep my focus on Jesus and on what He wants me to do!

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to keep my focus on Your Word and what Your Word says to me. Don't let me get distracted by anything that takes me away from spending time with You in Your Word.

I pray for any person who may read this blog. Help them to spend time alone with You each day. Bless them as they do.

I pray for my son Tim today on his birthday! Bless him, Lord! May Your face shine brightly on him today!

Daily Bible Reading: Haggai 1,2; Psalms 129; Luke 10

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: