Friday, September 18, 2020

You Are Blessed Because You Believed That The Lord Would Do What He Said.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

You Are Blessed

Because You Believed

That The Lord Would Do What He Said.

Scripture

Luke 1

45 You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.

Observation

In Luke 1 we find the story of two miraculous conceptions, Elizabeth's, the mother of John the Baptist, and Mary's, the mother of Jesus. I never get tired of reading the Christmas story even if it is in the month of September! Tomorrow I know that I will be reading Luke 2!

Why would God pick a teenage girl named Mary to be the mother of Jesus? I think that we can see part of the reason from what Elizabeth shared in Luke 1:45 when she said, “You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”

When Mary was told by the Angel Gabriel that she was going to become pregnant even though she was a virgin her response was, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.”

If you and I want to live a “blessed life” then we need to follow the example of Mary and other great Bible characters and live lives of obedience.

Luke 11:28

He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Application

I plan to obey what I have read in God's Word knowing that with obedience comes a blessing!

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to put into practice what I read in Your Word every day. Don't let me get sidetracked. I want to continue to live a life that is blessed so help me to be obedient to what You say.

I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to walk in obedience. Give them the strength to say “no” to sin and “yes” to You! Help them to live a life that is blessed by You!

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 45,46; Luke 1

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: