Thursday, September 17, 2020

A Cheerful Heart Is Good Medicine

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

A

Cheerful Heart

Is Good Medicine

Scripture

Proverbs 17

22 A cheerful heart is good medicine,
    but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.

Observation

In October, Kathy and I hope to make a quick trip to visit some of our long time friends and maybe have a chance to see something new along the way. Being around them even if it is only for a day or so will be such good medicine … it will be so good for our souls!

Friends and close friendships are so important – life wasn't meant to be lived without them!

So … Who do we need to write? Who do we need to call? Who do we need to go visit?

Proverbs 15:13,15&30

13 A glad heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit.

15 For the despondent, every day brings trouble; for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.

30 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health.

Proverbs 17:17

A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

Proverbs 18:24

There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 12:26

The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray.

Proverbs 27:17

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.

Application

I look forward to spending time with our good friends and I will reach out to some friends that I haven't talked to in a while.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Kathy and I are blessed. You have brought so many wonderful people into our lives. Help me reach out to those who I haven't heard from in a while. Put people on my heart that You want me to write, call, email, or visit. Don't let me neglect the friends that you have gifted us with. They are medicine for our souls.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 42,43,44; Revelation 22; I added: Psalm 17, Psalm 37; Proverbs 17

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: