Thursday, September 03, 2020

How Amazing Are The Deeds Of The LORD! All Who Delight In Him Should Ponder Them.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

How Amazing Are The Deeds Of The LORD!

All

Who Delight In Him Should Ponder Them.

Scripture

Psalm 111

1 Praise the Lord!

I will thank the Lord with all my heart
    as I meet with his godly people.

2 How amazing are the deeds of the Lord!
    All who delight in him should ponder them.

3 Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty.
    His righteousness never fails.

4 He causes us to remember his wonderful works.
    How gracious and merciful is our Lord!

Observation

Because of this crazy, hectic, and unpredictable world that you and I live in we would do well if we would just stop and ponder all of the amazing things that the Lord has done and that He is still doing in our lives.

Ponder:

to think about, give thought to, consider, review, reflect on, mull over, contemplate, study, meditate on, muse on, deliberate about, cogitate on, dwell on, brood on, brood over, ruminate about, ruminate on, chew over, puzzle over, speculate about, weigh up, turn over in one's mind”

Sometimes and maybe way too often we let our problems blind us from what God is actually doing in our lives. God is at work right in the middle of our crisis, right in the middle of the chaos, right in the middle of our problems.

Yesterday I discovered that the water pump on our car was leaking. On an old car, at least up until the 1990's, changing out a water pump was something that I could do myself without too much of a problem. Well yesterday I realized that replacing a water pump on a 2014 Ford Explorer is way more than I am able to tackle!

How does my broken water pump fit in with this passage in Psalm 111:1-4?

As I read this passage this morning and I pondered on it I was reminded that my Heavenly Father knows what is going on in my life and He is at work. He knows how to take care of me. And yes, He is even interested in a broken water pump. He is interested in every detail of my life!

Psalm 37:23

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.

Application

I will pray and I will trust the Lord during times of crisis. I will ponder, meditate, and hold on tightly to all of His promises.

How about you?

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

Philippians 4:6-7

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know me Lord and You know that I don't like dealing with things that I can't fix or handle myself, but that is exactly where I find myself today. Of course, there are so many things that I immediately know that I can't fix, like the health of another person, and I immediately go to You to ask You to heal. So help me trust You with the other things in my life that I tend to worry about. Give me the ability or remind me that I need to pray about everything so I can have Your peace that passes all understanding.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 20,21; Psalms 111; Revelation 8

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: