Wednesday, September 09, 2020

LORD, Remind Me How Brief My Time On Earth Will Be. Remind Me That My Days Are Numbered – How Fleeting My Life Is.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

LORD, Remind Me How Brief My Time On Earth Will Be.

Remind Me That My Days Are Numbered –

How Fleeting My Life Is.

Scripture

Psalm 39

4 “Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
    Remind me that my days are numbered—
    how fleeting my life is.

5 You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
    My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
    at best, each of us is but a breath.” Interlude

6 We are merely moving shadows,
    and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.
We heap up wealth,
    not knowing who will spend it.

7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
    My only hope is in you.

Observation

Yesterday was just another reminder for Kathy and I at just how short life is! We were talking about buying a new bed and we realized that the warranty on the mattress that we were looking at would probably outlive us!

Our bed is so old that we honestly can't remember when we got it … but then again maybe that is just a sign of our old age and not the age of our bed!

Regardless of how young you are or how young you feel or how old you are or how old you feel the fact still remains that life here on planet Earth is very short. And it is running out for all of us at warp speed.

And so since this life is so short where are you putting your hope?

I am putting my hope where the Psalmist placed his when he said,

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.”

Application

My only hope is in the Lord.

How about you? Where are you placing your hope?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thanks for again reminding me that I am in the 4th quarter of my life and down to the final 2 minute warning. I am not fretting over it. I know that my life and my future are both in Your hands. I am going to live forever. I am never going to die. This tent that I am living in is wearing out and one day is going to come down, but it is just a tent; it is not the real me. Thank You for giving me so much to look forward to. Everything that You have will one day be my inheritance. I am blessed. I am one of Your kids.

Daily Bible Reading: Lamentations 1,2; Obadiah; Revelation 14; I added: Psalm 9, Psalm 39, Proverbs 9

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: