Wednesday, September 30, 2020

There Are Three Things That Amaze Me – No, Four Things That I Don't Understand

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

There Are

Three Things That Amaze Me –

No, Four Things That I Don't Understand;

Scripture

Proverbs 30

18 There are three things that amaze me—
    no, four things that I don’t understand:

19 how an eagle glides through the sky,
    how a snake slithers on a rock,
    how a ship navigates the ocean,
    how a man loves a woman.

Observation

We now live in a world of technology that is so advanced that hardly anything surprises us any more. Even though we don't understand how the different gadgets that we use every single day actually work they don't generally fill us with awe. They don't amaze us. They only frustrate the living daylights out of us when they don't work!

But how a bird (I would like for it to be an eagle) glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on the ground (ground because there are not too many rocks in Florida), how a ship sails in the ocean (Tampa Bay and Gulf of Mexico, and how a man loves a woman (I admit I really like watching Hallmark with Kathy), all four of those things still amaze me!

Let's take time to enjoy the wonder of God's creation! Especially the people that God has brought into our lives!

Application

I will intentionally take time today to enjoy God's creation, especially the people that he has surrounded me with.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don't ever let me lose the ability to be awed by Your Creation. I love everything that You have created. It is mind boggling to me. You love variety. You are amazing. Thank You for creating me. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Psalm 139:13-18

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand—
    when I awake, I am still with you.

...

Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 7,8,9; Luke 13; I added: Psalm 30, Psalm 60; Proverbs 30

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: