Monday, September 28, 2020

More Blessed Are All Who Hear The Word Of God And Put It Into Practice

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

More Blessed

Are All Who Hear The Word Of God

And Put It Into Practice

Scripture

Luke 11

27 As he was speaking, a woman in the crowd called out, “God bless your mother—the womb from which you came, and the breasts that nursed you!”

28 Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”

Observation

Are you blessed and highly favored? Jesus lets us know in Luke 11:27-28 how we can be just that!

No, it is not enough to go to church and hear sermons about the Bible … even though that is something we should be doing (or at least watching online). And it is not enough to read God's Word every day ... no, even that is not enough.

Jesus says, “... blessed are all who hear the Word of God and put it into practice.”

The religious leaders of Jesus' day had memorized large portions of God's Word, yet they failed to put it into practice.

James, the half brother of Jesus, also tells us, But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.”

So the question is this ... what have we heard from God through His Word that we are not putting into practice?

Application

Lord, convict me and make me miserable when I choose to disobey what You have told me to do in Your Word.

How about you?

James 4:17

Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to walk in obedience. I want to please You with the decisions that I make. Convict me and make me miserable when I choose to go against what You have told me in Your Word.

I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to daily be in Your Word and help them to put into practice what they read or hear. Give them the strength today to walk in obedience. Free them from anything that might have a hold on their life. Help them to be a person of integrity and honesty.

Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 1,2,3; Luke 11

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: