Friday, September 04, 2020

Taste And See That The LORD Is Good. Oh, The Joys Of Those Who Take Refuge In Him!

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Taste

And See That The LORD Is Good.

Oh, The Joys Of Those Who Take Refuge In Him!

Scripture

Psalm 4

8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

Psalm 34

6 In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened;
    he saved me from all my troubles.

7 For the angel of the Lord is a guard;
    he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

8 Taste and see that the Lord is good.
    Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!

9 Fear the Lord, you his godly people,
    for those who fear him will have all they need.

10 Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry,
    but those who trust in the Lord will lack no good thing.

Proverbs 4

23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.

27 Don’t get sidetracked;
    keep your feet from following evil.

Observation

Today as I read my daily Bible reading, which was Ezekiel 22,23,24 and Revelation 9 nothing jumped out at me to write about – of course both books wrote about impending judgment and that certainly seems like something that is heading our country's way. In Ezekiel 23, God describing Jerusalem's unfaithfulness, had Ezekiel pen this in verse 20 “She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey’s and emissions like those of a horse.” Yes, God really said that check it out for yourself!

So on days like this when the reading is especially challenging I go to the Psalms and Proverbs and today I added Psalm 4, 34, and Proverbs 4!

I hope you have time to read them like I did!

Psalm 4 and Psalm 34 tells me that I do not need to be afraid. The Lord is going to take care of me. The angel of the Lord has been posted around me to protect me. He has me surrounded with protection.

Proverbs 4:23 reminds me to guard my heart and 4:27 reminds me me to not get sidetracked. Both of those are very easy to do since we have an enemy who is determined to mess up our hearts and get us sidetracked on something other than what God wants for our lives.

Application

I will not be afraid. I will stay on track. I will guard my heart.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You so much for speaking to me every day through Your Word. Today is no exception. Fear does creep into my life and I need to be reminded that You have an angel posted around me and is surrounding me with protection. You alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

I pray for those grieving and going through a time of loss. I pray for those who are sick or have loved ones who are sick. I pray for healing and I pray that You give them strength. Help them to trust in You today.

Psalm 56:3

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. 

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

...

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 22,23,24; Revelation 9; I added: Psalm 4, Psalm 34, Proverbs 4

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: