Wednesday, September 02, 2020

And God Will Wipe Every Tear From Their Eyes.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

And

God Will Wipe

Every Tear From Their Eyes.

Scripture

Revelation 7

17 For the Lamb on the throne
    will be their Shepherd.
He will lead them to springs of life-giving water.
    And God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”

Revelation 21:4

4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

Observation

Suffering is unavoidable in life. Some of it we bring on ourselves by the decisions we make. Some of it we suffer by the decisions other people make … decisions that in turn hurt us. I could give a million examples and so could you … like ... Someone getting behind the wheel of a car drunk and hitting us or even worse hitting and injuring or killing one of our loved ones or a maybe a business venture where promises were made but then those promises were not kept.

All of us have suffered like this.

And then there are other times when we suffer and it just comes out of the blue with no rhyme or reason. We just get clobbered. We find out that we have cancer … or we experience a heart attack … or we suddenly find out that we have some other life threatening illness or one of these terrible things happens to one of our loved ones.

So what do we do when this happens? And yes, it is going to happen!

For the suffering brought on ourselves by our own bad choices we need to repent and ask the Lord to forgive us.

For the suffering brought on us by others we need to forgive them quickly and we need to let God take care of getting even with them.

God has a million ways to bless us if we will only let it go and let God handle it. He is more than capable of setting things right with those who have wronged us. Plus, we need to remember that we have also wronged other people – we are not perfect either!

Romans 12:19

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

For the suffering we experience that has no rhyme or reason, like an unexpected illness or an unexpected death, or other tragedy, we just need to pray and trust in the only One who can bring healing and comfort.

Application

One day soon God will wipe every tear from my eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things will be gone forever. Revelation 21:4 Personalized!

How about you? Are you suffering right now?

Psalm 30:5

His anger lasts only a moment, but his kindness lasts for a lifetime. Crying may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me keep my sins confessed as I commit them. Help me to forgive quickly those who wrong me. Help me go to You and trust You when things happen in my life that seem to have no rhyme or reason. You are my Defender. You are my Advocate. You will take care of my enemies. You will wipe away every tear from my eyes. You are the God of all compassion and all comfort. You will take care of me.

Take care of my friends and family who are going through a difficult time right now. Encourage them, Lord.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 17,18,19; Revelation 7

> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: