Monday, August 31, 2020

“Worthy Is The Lamb Who Was Slaughtered – To Receive Power And Riches And Wisdom And Strength And Honor And Glory And Blessing.”

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Worthy Is The Lamb Who Was Slaughtered –

To Receive Power And Riches And Wisdom And Strength

And Honor And Glory And Blessing.”

Scripture

Revelation 5

10 And you have caused them to become a Kingdom of priests for our God. And they will reign on the earth.”

11 Then I looked again, and I heard the voices of thousands and millions of angels around the throne and of the living beings and the elders.

12 And they sang in a mighty chorus:

Worthy is the Lamb who was slaughtered—
    to receive power and riches
and wisdom and strength
    and honor and glory and blessing.”

13 And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They sang:

Blessing and honor and glory and power
    belong to the one sitting on the throne
    and to the Lamb forever and ever.”

14 And the four living beings said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped the Lamb.

Observation

There is more that we don't know about what it is going to be like in Heaven than what we know, but one thing for sure it will be an awesome time of worship with millions of angels joining in with us to worship Jesus!

We have glimpses of what eternal life will look like that are given to us through out God's Word. We know that believers will help reign, but it is not real clear to me who or what we will be reigning over. ... (Revelation 5:10)

But I do know that we will reign on the new Earth and we will have bodies like Jesus has now – perfect and a body that will last forever! (Romans 8:23; 2 Corinthians 5:1-2,4)

I don't know about you - but the older I get the better that new body sounds to me.

Romans 8:18-23

18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.

19 For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.

20 Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope,

21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay.

22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us.

2 Corinthians 5:1-9

1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 

2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 

3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies.

4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 

5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.

6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 

7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 

8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 

9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him. 

Application

I will take my application from verse 9 of 2 Corinthians 5 … My goal is to please Him!

How about you? Are you living to please yourself or have you made it your goal in life to please Jesus?

Romans 12:1

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live for an audience of One. If I can just please You by the way I live my life then my life will have counted for something. It was why I was created. It is the reason that I am on planet Earth. Don't let me disappoint You. Help me to stay away from stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You.

I pray for my friends who are sick and for those who are recovering from surgery. Give them strength. I pray for healing. Thank You for answering my prayers.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 12,13,14; Revelation 5

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: