Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Don't Let Your Hearts Be Troubled. Trust In God, And Trust Also In Me.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Don't Let Your Hearts Be Troubled.

Trust In God,

And Trust Also In Me.

Scripture

John 14

1 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 

2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you?

3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. 

4 And you know the way to where I am going.”

5 “No, we don’t know, Lord,” Thomas said. “We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

..

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

Observation

I talked to a young woman last night while making visits at the hospital who had attempted to take her life multiple times. A nurse asked me if I would go in and try to talk to the woman to see if I could help her.

As we talked I found out that she blamed herself for many of the tragic things that had happened in her life, the death of a son, and the death of a boy friend, and even though she didn't blame herself for the death of her Mom, all three people had been taken away from her during the span of a couple of months time.

And even though all of that happened several years ago, but she has been unable to get a grip on life and her life has continued spiraling downward rapidly to the point of self destruction.

What would you have said to her?

I talked to her about how much God loved her. I told her that God wants to use her to help other people, but He can't use her if she takes her own life. We talked about her addiction to alcohol and how that is destroying her.

We talked about forgiveness. I shared with her that God left heaven and came to Earth and experienced death on a cross so that we could be forgiven. I told her that she needed to accept that forgiveness and that she needed to forgive herself.

I would hope that our conversation might be the beginning to the road of her recovery, or it might move her further down that road, but only God will know. I will probably never see her again.

I did share with her about the 12 step recovery program called Celebrate Recovery. I found out that her daughter had already bought her a Celebrate Recovery Bible and that she had even gone to a Celebrate Recovery meeting one time. So God is obviously at work in this woman's life.

If you struggle with life's hurts, hang-ups, or habits, and there is no peace in your life I would encourage you to find a Celebrate Recovery group near where you live and join them. You need some great friends who will support you during this rough time in your life!

Application

I will always point people to Jesus. He is the only One who can give them peace and the only One who can meet the deep needs of our lives.

How about you? No Jesus no peace … Know Jesus know peace!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for this woman's life. I pray that she would understand the way of salvation. I pray that she would realize how much You love her. Open up her spiritual eyes. Rescue her from the destructive path that the evil one, Satan has been leading her on.

I pray for any person reading this blog whose life is in turmoil today. Bring people into their lives who will point them to the Prince of Peace … Jesus. I pray that they would find a group like Celebrate Recovery that will provide them with the support that they need. Nothing is too hard for You!

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 10,11,12; John 14

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: