Saturday, August 22, 2020

For I Know The Plans I Have For You, Says The Lord. “They Are Plans For Good And Not For Disaster, To Give You A Future And A Hope.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

For I Know The Plans I Have For You, Says The Lord.

They Are Plans For Good And Not For Disaster,

To Give You A Future And A Hope.

Scripture

Jeremiah 29

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 

12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 

13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Observation

I know that Jeremiah 29:11 is probably one of your favorite verses it is one of mine. But if you take time to read Jeremiah you would find that God has reduced the nation of Israel down to a small group of people living in Babylonian captivity.

It looks like we are headed for some very rough, possibly some very dark and very difficult days ahead as a nation similar to what Israel experienced during the time when the Prophet Jeremiah penned Jeremiah 29:11.

But even if that is part of my future I know that Jeremiah 29:11 will always hold true for me and if you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ then what God says in that verse will always hold true for you too!

Psalm 46:1-3

1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

Habakkuk 3:17-18

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

John 16:33

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 91

1Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.

3 For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.

4 He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
    nor the disaster that strikes at midday.

7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
    though ten thousand are dying around you,
    these evils will not touch you.

Application

No matter what the future holds for our country I know who holds the future and I know who has me in the palm of His hand!

How about you?

Isaiah 43:1-3

1… Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.

2 When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.

3 For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. ...

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have said in Your Word in Jeremiah 33:3 “Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” So I am calling on You. I am asking for Your help. I am praying for our country. I am praying for our leaders. Give them wisdom. Raise up godly men and women who will lead our country in the right direction. I know that You are Sovereign. I know that You are in control even when things seem like they are out of control. So I am trusting in You.

Ephesians 3:20

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,


Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 28,29,30; 1 John 3


Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: