Friday, August 21, 2020

This Is The Day The LORD Has Made. We Will Rejoice And Be Glad In It.

 This Is

The Day The LORD Has Made.

We Will Rejoice And Be Glad In It.

Scripture

Psalm 118

24 This is the day the Lord has made.
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.

1 John 2

15 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. 

16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. 

17 And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.

Observation

Two reminders this morning, one from Psalm 118 and the other from 1 John 2!

Psalm 118:24 is a reminder to me that every day when I wake up I have a choice, I can choose to grumble, whine, and complain, or I can choose to rejoice knowing that this is a new day that the Lord has made.

1 John 2:15-17 reminds me that my Heavenly Father needs to be the focus of my love and not the stuff of this world.

for all these worldly things, these evil desires—the craze for sex, the ambition to buy everything that appeals to you, and the pride that comes from wealth and importance—these are not from God. They are from this evil world itself.” 1 John 2:16 TLB

Application

I will keep my eyes off of the things of this world and keep them focused on the Lord.

How about you? What are you allowing to get all of your attention?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. In my distress I prayed to the Lord,
and the 
Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?

Help me, Lord. Help me to keep my eyes focused on You and not on the things of this world … things that are always crying out for my attention.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 21,24,27; Psalms 118; 1 John 2

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: