Monday, August 10, 2020

Stop At The Crossroads And Look Around. Ask For The Old, Godly Way, And Walk In It. Travel Its Path, And You Will Find Rest For Your Souls.

 

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Stop At The Crossroads And Look Around.

Ask For The Old, Godly Way, And Walk In It.

Travel Its Path, And You Will Find Rest For Your Souls.

Scripture

Jeremiah 6

16 This is what the Lord says:
Stop at the crossroads and look around.
    Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.
Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.
    But you reply, ‘No, that’s not the road we want!’

17 I posted watchmen over you who said,
    ‘Listen for the sound of the alarm.’
But you replied,
    ‘No! We won’t pay attention!’

Observation

It was my Granny, my Dad's Mom, who had a spiritual impact on my life when I was growing up. I remember the great big Bible that she gave me with all the pictures in it and I remember walking with her to church.

If you are old, or maybe I had better say, if you are now older … don't think that you can't have an influence on your children and grandchildren.

I know that our kids and grandkids must feel that Kathy and I are old fashion because we read our Bibles every day, we pray, and we go to church, but that is okay.

Because …

Our hope and our prayer is that our children and our grandchildren will understand that the “old, and godly way” is the right way that they should walk and will one day, just like Kathy and I did, they will make the decision to let God be number One in their lives.

Application

We will continue to follow the old, godly way, and walk in it.

How about you? Don't you want rest for your soul?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, so many times I have thought about how fortunate I am because of the godly people that you placed in my life. I pray that You do the same thing for my children and my grandchildren. Give them the same opportunity that You gave Kathy and I. We are blessed. Help those in our family to choose the “old, and godly way”. Help them travel its path so they will find rest for their souls.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 5,6; John 12

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: