Friday, August 14, 2020

But Blessed Are Those Who Trust In The LORD And Have Made The LORD Their Hope And Confidence.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

But Blessed Are Those

Who Trust In The LORD And Have Made

The LORD Their Hope And Confidence.

Scripture

Jeremiah 17

7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
    and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.

8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
    with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
    or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
    and they never stop producing fruit.

9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
    and desperately wicked.
    Who really knows how bad it is?

10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts
    and examine secret motives.
I give all people their due rewards,
    according to what their actions deserve.”

John 16:33

33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Observation

I love it when I ask someone how they are doing and they respond back to me with “I am blessed and highly favored.” Every time I hear someone say it causes me to smile and I respond back, “So am I!” If you have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ you, my friend, are blessed and highly favored!

Jeremiah was living during a terrible time in his nation's history.

Our situation is bad and from all that I can see (and trust me I am no prophet) that things could very well get a lot worse for us in the very near future.

And yet no matter how bad things may get down the road I am holding on to the promise in Jeremiah 17:17-18 and John 16:33 along with several thousand other promises that God has given me in His Word.

Application

I will trust the Lord with all my heart during all of this turmoil.

How about you?

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.

6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word is my anchor for my soul. No matter how bad things get and no matter how much things spin out of control I know that You are Sovereign and You have me in the palm of Your hand. Nothing can touch my life without Your permission.

I pray for any person reading this blog today to place their trust completely in You.

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 16,17; Psalms 96; John 16

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: