Sunday, August 09, 2020

I Am The Resurrection And The Life. Anyone Who Believes In Me Will Live, Even After Dying.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

I Am The Resurrection And The Life.

Anyone Who Believes In Me Will Live,

Even After Dying.

Scripture

John 11

25 Jesus told her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.


26 Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die. Do you believe this, Martha?”

39 “Roll the stone aside,” Jesus told them.

But Martha, the dead man’s sister, protested, “Lord, he has been dead for four days. The smell will be terrible.”

40 Jesus responded, “Didn’t I tell you that you would see God’s glory if you believe?” 

41 So they rolled the stone aside. Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, thank you for hearing me. 

42 You always hear me, but I said it out loud for the sake of all these people standing here, so that they will believe you sent me.” 

43 Then Jesus shouted, “Lazarus, come out!” 

44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”

Observation

I love this story. Read John 11 and then close your eyes and imagine that you are there at the tomb of Lazarus when Jesus shouts, “Lazarus, come out!”

Lazarus wrapped up like a mummy comes out of that tomb hopping and bouncing, his hands and his feet were wrapped in graveclothes and his face and head were all wrapped up! And Jesus said to the crowd, “Unwrap him and let him go!”

You need to understand that this miracle was done not for Jesus' friend Lazarus' benefit. No, Lazarus would have already been enjoying eternal life, plus he had to go through the death process twice ... now that's a terrible thought.

So why did Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead?

Jesus did it, I think, to show us that He has power over death. To show us that when we die that He has power over death and that we will live even after we die if we believe in Jesus. “... “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying.” John 11:25

Application

This old body is wearing out, but Eddy is going to live forever!

How about you?

John 8:11

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

2 Corinthians 5:1-5

1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 

2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 

3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies.

4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 

5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, every day when I wake up (and I am grateful for the opportunity to wake up) I have a new ache and pain. It seems like the older I get the more aches and pains I have. It is a not so gentle reminder that this “tent” that I am living in is quickly wearing out. This body of mine was not meant to last forever, but I know that one day I will get a brand new one and it will be perfect and it will last forever!

I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to realize how short life on this earth is. Don't let them get messed up focusing on wealth and material things when real life is all about relationships. Help them to understand and help them to put into practice true forgiveness, grace, and mercy before they miss out on a rich and satisfying life that You have promised to all of us who believe in Jesus.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 3,4; John 11

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: