Tuesday, August 04, 2020

The Spirit Alone Gives Eternal Life. Human Effort Accomplishes Nothing. And The Very Words I Have Spoken To You Are Spirit And Life.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

The Spirit Alone Gives Eternal Life.

Human Effort Accomplishes Nothing.

And The Very Words I Have Spoken To You Are Spirit And Life.

Scripture

John 6

63 The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. 

Observation

If you were at Heaven's gate, and God were to ask you, “Why should I let you into my Heaven?”, what would you say to Him?

Nothing, my friend, is more important in this life than knowing and personally having the right answer to that question … Nothing!

Sadly, most people when I ask them that question will answer with something like this, “Well, I think that I have been good enough”, or “I have done more good things than bad so I think He is going to let me in!”

If your answer to that question is one of those two responses or something similar then my friend you are depending on human effort and John 6:63 says that human effort accomplishes “nothing”.

Salvation … Eternal life … does not depend on our “goodness”, or our human effort.

Acts 4:11-12

11 For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says,

The stone that you builders rejected
    has now become the cornerstone.’

12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”

John 5:24

24 I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. 

Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.

Titus 3:5-6

5 he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.

6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.

Romans 10: 9-10,13

9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.

13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Application

I will always be ready to share with people how to have Eternal life.

How about you? What would your answer be to that question?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that people, almost everyone in our country has heard about Jesus. And yet, most of the people who I talk to still are hoping to get into Heaven by being good. Help them to see that they can never ever be good enough to get into Heaven through their own effort. Open up their spiritual eyes!

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!




No comments: