Thursday, August 20, 2020

If We Claim We Have No Sin, We Are Only Fooling Ourselves, And Not Living In The Truth.

 

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

If We Claim We Have No Sin,

We Are Only Fooling Ourselves,

And Not Living In The Truth.

Scripture

1 John 1

8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 

9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 

10 If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.

Observation

Maybe you are one of those! Maybe you are one of those who finds fault in any and every church that you visit. I ran across someone like that at the hospital the other day while I was visiting patients.

Finally after I had listened to her rip up just about every denomination I said to her, “You know what's wrong with churches – they are full of a bunch of sinners and if you want a perfect church then you are never going to find one!” By the way, I don't even think she really got what I was saying!

I love my church, but as wonderful as I think it is, I know that it is far from perfect. We are a church full of broken people who are in desperate need of a Savior.

You and I are sinners. And 1 John 1:9 tells us what we need to do, “if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”

When we surrender our lives to Jesus and acknowledge Him as our Lord and Savior we are forgiven of past, present, and future sins. Yes, Jesus paid the penalty of those sins with His death on the cross.

But daily, when we sin, we need to confess to our Heavenly Father that we have sinned, not for our salvation, but to keep things right between ourselves and our Heavenly Father.

We are His children once we have Jesus living in our lives, and our Heavenly Father wants us to be obedient children. He wants us to live in a way that brings Him glory and honor.

And that is why we need to keep our sins confessed up.

1 Timothy 1:15-16

15 This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all.

16 But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.

Application

I will confess my sins as I commit them. I won't let them pile up and mess up my relationship with my Heavenly Father.

How about you? Are your sins forgiven?

Galatians 6:1

Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want You to convict me each and every time I sin and make it so obvious that I can't miss it. Make me miserable if I try to continue in a certain sin. Make it impossible for me to live without getting it right with You. I want to bring You glory and honor with my life so help me confess my sins as soon as I commit them.

James 4:17

Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

James 5:14-16

14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 

15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 48,49; Psalms 67; 1 John 1

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: