Saturday, August 08, 2020

The Thief's Purpose Is To Steal And Kill And Destroy. My Purpose Is To Give Them A Rich And Satisfying Life.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

The Thief's Purpose Is To Steal And Kill And Destroy.

My Purpose Is To

Give Them A Rich And Satisfying Life.

Scripture

John 10

9 Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.

10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 

29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.

Observation

Have been hoodwinked by the thief? The thief, he has a name – His name is Satan. His purpose, and he is very good at it, is to steal and kill and destroy.

Jesus came to Earth so that we could have eternal life but He also came to give us a rich and satisfying life right here and right now.

Satan, the Devil, always wants to get us off track and his goal is to mess up our lives. He doesn't want us to have rich and satisfying lives.

So let's remember what is most important in life – it is our relationship with the people that God has brought into our lives! Satan wants to destroy what is most important – our relationships and friendships. He is a destroyer.

Matthew 6

25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 

26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? 

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?

33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Philippians 4:11

Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.

Application

I am going to enjoy the rich and satisfying life that Jesus has provided for me. And I will pray and ask the Lord to keep me on the right track.

How about you? Experiencing what the thief offers … or are you experiencing the rich and satisfying life that Jesus offers?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me that I can trust You with every detail of my life. Help me to be content in a culture that always wants me to be discontented. I am blessed. We have so much in our country compared to the rest of the world. Help me to be a good steward of what You have loaned me. I know that I am not taking anything with me when I leave this Earth.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 1,2; John 10

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: