Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Put Your Finger Here, And Look At My Hands. Put Your Hand Into The Wound In My Side. Don't Be Faithless Any Longer. Believe!

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Put Your Finger Here, And Look At My Hands.

Put Your Hand Into The Wound In My Side.

Don't Be Faithless Any Longer. Believe!

Scripture

John 20

26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. 

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

30 The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book. 

31 But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.

Observation

Thomas doubted. Haven't you ever had doubts? Jesus was gentle with doubting Thomas, after all, it is hard to believe that someone could really come back from the dead.

Maybe you are a doubter. And if you are still a doubter I would encourage you to read the Gospel of John.

John 20:31 tells us why the Apostle John wrote the Gospel of John, “But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name.”

Application

One day soon I will see the Lord in all of His glory. Although I have many questions about the Bible there is one thing that I know for sure – Jesus is Alive and one day soon He is coming back for me and hopefully for you too!

How about you? … Do you know Him?

Romans 8:11

11 And if the Spirit of God, who raised up Jesus from the dead, lives in you, he will make your dying bodies live again after you die, by means of this same Holy Spirit living within you.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Continue to show me new things in Your Word every day as I read it. Don't let me neglect spending time with You each day by reading Your Word. I look forward to what I will read tomorrow in Jeremiah and John. Don't ever let me get tired of spending time with You.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 26,35,36; John 20

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: