Friday, August 07, 2020

“Yes, Lord, I Believe!” The Man Said. And He Worshiped Jesus.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Yes, Lord, I Believe!”

The Man Said.

And He Worshiped Jesus.

Scripture

John 9

35 When Jesus heard what had happened, he found the man and asked, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”

36 The man answered, “Who is he, sir? I want to believe in him.”

37 “You have seen him,” Jesus said, “and he is speaking to you!”

38 “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.

39 Then Jesus told him, “I entered this world to render judgment—to give sight to the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind.”

Observation

Being physically blind must be really difficult for someone, I can't even imagine. But to be born blind and never having had the opportunity to see anything at all that would be even worse … so what could possibly be worse that that? Jesus tells us what would be worse in John 9 … it is spiritual blindness!

You can have all the money in the world, drive the most expensive car, live in a mansion, have the riches to do whatever you want, but if you are spiritually blind and you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you have nothing.

John 9:38 stands out to me, “Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said, and he worshiped Jesus.”

Are you a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ? If you are then you are rich!

Luke 16:19-31

19 Jesus said, “There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed in purple and fine linen and who lived each day in luxury. 

20 At his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores.

21 As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man’s table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores.

22 “Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to sit beside Abraham at the heavenly banquet. The rich man also died and was buried,

23 and he went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side.

24 “The rich man shouted, ‘Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.’

25 “But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. 

26 And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.’

27 “Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home.

28 For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’

29 “But Abraham said, ‘Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read what they wrote.’

30 “The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’

31 “But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they won’t be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Application

I am so grateful to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Once I was blind but now I can see!

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to see both physically and spiritually! I bow my heart in worship to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I worship You, Jesus, just as the blind man did in John 9. Thank You for my salvation. I am rich because I am one of Your children.

Open up the spiritual eyes of any person who may read this blog. If they are spiritually blind help them to see!

......

Daily Bible Reading: Zephaniah 1,2,3; John 9

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: