Monday, August 03, 2020

The LORD Is Good, A Strong Refuge When Trouble Comes. He Is Close To Those Who Trust In Him.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

The LORD Is Good,

A Strong Refuge When Trouble Comes.

He Is Close To Those Who Trust In Him.

Scripture

Nahum 1

7 The Lord is good,
    a strong refuge when trouble comes.
    He is close to those who trust in him.

John 5

24 I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Observation

I couldn't decide which verse to write about this morning from my daily Bible reading so I thought I would share them both with you! With all of the trouble that has come our way with the Covid 19 pandemic and then all of the social unrest that has followed I thought Nahum 1:7 would be a great promise to share.

Bottom line … The LORD is good! God is not mean. He wants us to trust Him. He wants for us to go to Him for protection when trouble and trials come our way. He has promised to be close to us when we are trusting in Him.

John 5:24 is also a great promise for me and it is for you too. Read it. Reread it. And read it again until the truth of what the verse says is deeply planted in your heart. Think about this verse … meditate on what it says … let it sink in!

God is good. He is a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him.

Application

I don't know about you, but I am holding on to these two great promises!

How about you? Where do you go when trouble comes your way?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I feel sorry for people who do not have You for a refuge. Trouble is all around us. Every day it seems like something else is happening and none of it is good. Thank You for being my refuge, my hiding place. You are my Protector. Nothing can touch my life without Your permission. Help me to trust You with everything in my life.

I pray for those who are going through difficult times. Help them to hold on to all of Your promises. Give them strength. I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing. Be their refuge, Lord.

Daily Bible Reading: Nahum 1,2,3; John 5

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!




No comments: