Monday, August 24, 2020

And We Are Confident That He Hears Us Whenever We Ask For Anything That Pleases Him.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

And We Are Confident

That He Hears Us Whenever

We Ask For Anything That Pleases Him.

Scripture

1 John 5

11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.

13 I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.

14 And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him.

15 And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.

21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.

Observation

Let's think about verses 1 John 5:14-15 for a minute. When we pray, you and I should pray with confidence, with boldness … that's right, if we are praying for things that please our Heavenly Father.

Just think about verse 15, “And since we know He hears us when we make our requests, we also know that He will give us what we ask for.”

This is not just name it and claim it … this is living with God having first place in our life.

What is dominating your thought life these days? What is consuming most of your time and energy?

If it is not God and His kingdom then something else has taken God's place in your heart.

Matthew 6:33

33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Application

I will try to pray for things that please my Heavenly Father because I know that He will answer those requests.

How about you? When you pray are you requesting God's help with things that are pleasing to Him?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I admit that I am selfish and it is easy to pray for things that I want or that I think I need. What You want to hear from me are requests that help to further Your Kingdom. You want me more than anything else to pray for people. The people around me, the people that You bring into my life, they are who You want me to pray for. Don't let me get so sidetracked with my own busyness that I forget about the people that You want me to focus on.

I pray for the sick. I pray for healing. I pray for those giving birth. I pray for a safe delivery. I pray for Jamie.

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 33,34; Psalms 74; 1 John 5

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: