Thursday, August 06, 2020

Yet I Will Rejoice In The LORD! I Will Be Joyful In The God Of My Salvation!

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Yet

I Will Rejoice In The LORD!

I Will Be Joyful In The God Of My Salvation!

Scripture

Habakkuk 3

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
    and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
    and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
    and the cattle barns are empty,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
    I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
    He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
    able to tread upon the heights.

Observation

It would seem that, at least on the surface, Habakkuk had little to rejoice about! God had shared with him all of the bad things that were going to happen to the nation of Israel, but in Habakkuk 3 we find Habakkuk in spite of all the bad news … rejoicing!

When the Apostle Paul was in prison, expecting to be put to death, he wrote the letter to the Philippian believers and the theme of his letter to the church was … Rejoice!

You and I, no matter how bad it gets, if we are believers in Jesus Christ, always have something to rejoice about! ALWAYS!

Get out of that rut! Rejoice in the Lord!

Philippians 4

4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 

5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 

7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:1

Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things, and I do it to safeguard your faith.

Application

No matter what happens today or tomorrow I will rejoice in the Lord!

How about you? Time to get out of that rut?

Psalm 91

1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.

3 For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.


4 He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies in the day.

6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
    nor the disaster that strikes at midday.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will let Habakkuk 3:17-19 be my prayer this morning: “Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in You-Lord! I will be joyful in You, the God of my salvation! Sovereign Lord, You, are my strength! You make me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. (Personalized)

Daily Bible Reading: Habakkuk 1,2,3; John 8

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!




No comments: