Saturday, August 29, 2020

I Know All The Things You Do, That You Are Neither Hot Nor Cold. I Wish That You Were One Or The Other!

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

I Know All The Things You Do,

That You Are Neither Hot Nor Cold.

I Wish That You Were One Or The Other!

Scripture

Revelation 3

15 “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! 

16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!

Observation

Lukewarm is not a description that I want the Lord to use when I stand before Him. One day I will have to give an account for how I have lived out this life on planet Earth. What I want Him to be able to say to me is, “Well done my good and faithful servant!”

I think that there is a tendency for all of us to drift towards the place of “lukewarmness”. Anytime that Jesus doesn't have first place in our heart there will be a lukewarmness towards Him and His Kingdom.

You and I will always be passionate about the things that are most important in our lives.

I have never liked the image of verse 16 where it says, “I will spit you out of my mouth!” … Have you ever taken a drink of something that was lukewarm and all you wanted to do was spit it all out of our mouth? I sure have and I don't want the Lord to think of me like that!

Application

I will guard my heart to make sure that Jesus has His number one spot!

How about you?

Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Proverbs 4:23

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, the world wants to pull us away from a close relationship with You. You say to us, “Don’t love the world’s ways. Don’t love the world’s goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world—wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear important—has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from him ...” 1 John 2:16 MESSAGE -

So don't let me drift. Keep me close to You. Don't let me take my eyes off of You and what You want me to do with my life.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 4,5,6,7; Revelation 3

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: