Saturday, August 15, 2020

And This Is The Way To Have Eternal Life –

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

And This

Is The Way

To Have Eternal Life –

Scripture

John 17

3 And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.

Observation

If I were to ask you if you know the Lord's prayer, you would probably say yes, and immediately you would think of or maybe even begin to recite what is often called the “Lord's prayer” found in Matthew 6 or Luke 11 …

Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

This prayer found in Matthew 6 and Luke 11 was a prayer that Jesus offered as a model for us to follow, to show us how to pray, but John 17 is actually the Lord's prayer where Jesus is praying specifically for us.

I asked a woman yesterday while I was making visits at the hospital if she had a faith tradition that helped her deal with her illness. She replied, “No, my parents are both from different Middle Eastern countries but neither are very religious, but I lean more towards Christianity.”

I guess you can imagine my reply!

I said, “I am so glad that you lean towards Christianity because I believe that Jesus is the only One who can give us eternal life!” She is at least thinking in the right direction … she just needs to commit her life to Jesus … I pray that one day she leans all the way and becomes a believer.

Hebrews 7:25

25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.

John 5:24

24 I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

1 John 5:11-13

11 And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 

12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.

13 I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.

Application

I am leaning completely on Jesus for my salvation!

How about you … which way are you leaning?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for this young woman that she would have her spiritual eyes completely opened where she can completely trust in Jesus for her salvation.

I pray for any person who may be reading this blog who might be leaning towards Christianity like this woman is … I pray for his or her salvation. Help them to get off the fence and make a commitment. Help them to surrender.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 18,19,20; Psalms 93; John 17

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: