Sunday, August 30, 2020

Holy, Holy, Holy Is The Lord God, The Almighty – The One Who Always Was, Who Is, And Who Is Still To Come.

 Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!

Holy, Holy, Holy Is The Lord God,

The Almighty –

The One Who Always Was, Who Is, And Who Is Still To Come.

Scripture

Revelation 4

8 Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying,

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty—
    the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”

11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God,
    to receive glory and honor and power.
For you created all things,
    and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

Observation

It is not easy reading through Ezekiel and Revelation. There is a lot of imagery that I am not able to grasp. But one thing stands out as I read these two books of the Bible and that is this – God is Holy and He demands from us that we live lives of holiness. He wants us to be different from the rest of the world – set apart.

When you hear someone say that they don't need to go to church to worship God – while in a way that is certainly true because God is everywhere and He created everything, but it is not true if the person is refusing to go to church because of a hard heart. Ezekiel and Revelation both paint a terrible picture of what happens to people when they reject God and just go through the motions of being religious.

Church and being a part of a local family of believers was God's idea not ours. It is a way of being set apart from the world. In many countries believers risk their lives every week just to meet together for worship.

And it looks like we are on warp speed here in our country to join them.

If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and you are not a part of a church family then I suggest you look around and find one to be a part of. Church participation was never meant to be optional.

If you are part of a church family and actively participate either in person or at the moment via the internet would you take a minute to write your pastor or pastors a note to encourage them. Trust me, they need to be encouraged with everything that they are having to deal with.

Application

I am glad that I am a part of the family of God and that I am able to meet this morning with my church family.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am so glad that I am one of Your children. Our country is moving in the wrong direction and seems to be moving rapidly away from everything that You say in Your Word. It is what happened in Ezekiel's day and it was not pretty. I pray for revival. Help us, Lord, turn back to You.

I pray for the sick. I pray for healing. You are the Mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.

I pray for our pastors and I pray for all of my pastor and missionary friends. Encourage them today. Help each one of them serve You with all of his or her heart. Bring people into their lives to encourage them.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 8,9,10,11; Revelation 4






> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.

Click Here for Daily Bible Reading!



No comments: